An important part of planning a day out on the hills is
obtaining a detailed weather forecast. Below are a set of links to
various online weather resources. The weather conditions
on the hill are unpredictable and can change rapidly. When preparing
your rucksack you should ensure that you have adequate warm and
Weather Forecasting Services
– View the BBC’s weather forecasts online.
- The Mountain Weather Service
Weather Centre – Pictures and weather data from the
summit of Cairngorm.
– Weather forecast and climate information from
Detailed weather forecasts can also be obtained from:
- Climbline – East Highlands Telephone 0891 333 197
- Radio Scotland (92-95 MHz FM, 810 MW)
- Saturday at 18:05
- Sunday at 07:03
Avalanche Information Service provide avalanche risk
information for the mountains of Scotland.